African Union Peace Support Operations Division (AU PSOD), the Institute for Security Studies and the Norwegian Government funded Training for Peace (ISS/TfP) and the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Enhancing the Police Dimension of the African Standby Force: Police Coordination, Consultation and Communication Workshop
event by invitation only
This Workshop seeks to create a forum to share views, information and to exchange notes in order to enhance communication, consultation and coordination of the between AU PSOD police dimension with Regional Police Planning Elements (Planelems), Police Contributing Countries (PCCs) to current missions and current missions in the areas of mission planning, mobilisation and deployment of capabilities, and management of police operations in current, new and future AU Peace Support Operations (PSO).
The objectives are to:
- Identify and describe coordination and communication gaps between the police dimension in continental, Mission PCCs, Regional Police Planelems and Partners
- Identify and describe inhibitors to the effective coordination and consultation of police dimension at strategic, mission and regional levels
- Provide, and tap into lessons learned and a practical dimension into police operations through brief exchanges with AMISOM Police
- Obtain information necessary to assess the Police Regional Planelems’ pledged capabilities, subordinate road maps towards operationalisation, doctrine, work methods and practices
- Develop modalities to launch, operationalize and sustain the Police Strategic Support Group (PSSG)
- Develop, adopt and recommend remedial measures to be taken to address the identified challenges and gaps in the immediate, medium and long term, as well as providing a basis for continuous evaluation.
- Mr. Sivuyile Bam
- Regional and Mission presenters to be confirmed
Please Note: All ISS Events occur under the ISS Rules, which means no attribution without specific permission, unless indicated otherwise.